If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, February 6, 2012

Choices

How do we know the choices we make today are the best ones for our tomorrow?

Some decisions are inconsequential.  What are we having for dinner?  Should I wash clothes, finish the dishes or grade papers?

And some decisions, although we do not realize it at the time, will prove to have lasting consequences. 

Today, Spencer, Cole and I each came to a realization about the effects of the decisions we make.

I won't go into detail but let's just say that bad choices and poor planning on Cole's part will have him spending the rest of this week and all of next week catching up on quizzes and tests in every subject of school.  I think he has made a choice to become diligent and to use his time more wisely.

Spencer made a choice twelve years ago that he would fight the fight, with all he had and never waiver in his determination to accomplish whatever was set before him.  He is studying chemistry in science and although it makes him want to bang his head against the wall (doesn't it do that to everyone?), he is still choosing to give it 100% to get through the chapter.

I made a choice to start using and selling Herbalife products so that I could make a healthy choice for myself and supplement our income.  I have been overwhelmed at all that I need to learn and all that I need to do to get my business up and running.  I was questioning my choice of businesses when I saw this quote today and knew that God meant it for me...
"Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel."

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?


Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment