If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Doctor, Six Flags and Headshots

It has only taken me three+ weeks to come to a conclusion that most of my family and friends have already made; Spencer being on his own is a good thing.  I know, I know, you all tried to tell me this in the nicest way possible but if you haven't noticed, I'm a little hard headed (so hard to believe, right?!).

On Tuesday, Spencer had a scheduled check up with his Pulmonologist and a new appointment with an Endocrinologist.  Mom was able to take him for his appointments which means I got a very detailed report from her and she got to spend all afternoon with Spencer.

Spencer has been a patient of Dr. Warren, the pulmonologist, since December 6, 1999, our first day at Arkansas Children's Hospital.  We were flown from Beth Israel Medical Center in New York to ACH and Dr. Warren was the first doctor in our room.  I cannot even begin to explain our overwhelming gratitude for all he has done to (literally) keep Spencer alive.  On Tuesday, Spencer got the BEST report he has ever gotten from Dr. Warren!  His lungs are so healthy, he's gaining weight and Dr. Warren is so pleased with Spencer's proactive approach to staying healthy.  Another prayer answered.

His second appointment was with an Endocrinologist.  Spencer has had some trouble in the past with his blood sugar (remember our ER visit in August while we were in LA?) so I wanted him to establish a baseline with someone in case any trouble arises in the future.  Good thing my mom and Spencer went instead of me because evidently the doctor had a horrible bed-side manner and really felt they were wasting his time.  If I had been there, ACH would be less one endocrinologist.

So, Spencer got a great report, he got to spend time with his Grandma and I realized how grown up and responsible my son has become.  Can I just tell you how my heart has swelled with pride and admiration?  Thirteen years ago, the doctor's told us he wouldn't live for six months and now he is working and taking charge of his life.  Makes me cry with joy.

Another realization this week came when Cole and I headed to Six Flags water park.  Kari, Logan, Allie and Olivia Shea joined us and we had SO MUCH FUN.  
The kids loved all the water rides.  However, Kari went on one and then was DONE!  Must have had something to do with the fact that that particular ride shot water in every orifice of your body!

After six hours, we closed the park down and headed to Wendy's for dinner.  
I love Logan's expression!  Cole had on the "Minute to Win It" headband and was giving me the "skank" eye.  Ha!

I think Kari's skank eye is the winner!  She must use that on her children!

We got home at 7:45 p.m. exhausted and happy.  I realized that we would not have gone to the water park if Spencer had been with us because a) he hates water, b) there's no way he could have spent all day there, and c) Cole wouldn't want to go and leave Spencer at home all day alone.  I am so thankful to have this time to spend with Cole.

On Wednesday, Cole had new headshots taken by Denice Duff of Duff Images.  You can see her official website here.  She is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  So professional but so much fun.  I can't wait to share the new photos with you.

While Denice and Cole were working, I was playing...
with Angel.  Such a love bug but she was way too heavy for me to pick up so I layed on the floor with her!

Rita.  So sweetsie and she tolerated me smooching and squeezing her.

Sid Vicious who doesn't have a vicious bone in his body!  He was fine with me petting him but drew the line at the holding and smooching.

We were at her house for over two hours so my "animal loving" tank is full.  I loved getting to know Denice and her beautiful daughter Paris.  Can't wait to work with them again.

Isn't it amazing when we are so scared to do something but once it is done, we realize it was the best thing ever?  Let go and let God, right?

"Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works."
~James 2:26

No comments:

Post a Comment