If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, June 11, 2012

Lazy or Reinergizing

It is a curse.  The women in my family ALL have a hard time relaxing. Heck, they don't even know the definition of the word.  Give us free time and we will find something to do to fill it up.

Why is that?  God made the world in six days and gave us the seventh day to rest.  He commands it.  So why do we think that there is too much going on for us to recharge our batteries.  Isn't it selfish or self-centered to think that if we don't do this today, right now even, then our world will come to a grinding halt or at least teeter off course.  Wrong.  The sun will come up in the morning, the birds will chirp and people will go about their lives even if we don't wash that last load of clothes, or clean the litter box or clean out the sink.  God gave us the Sabbath for a reason.

My children don't have a problem relaxing.  Spencer said he watched baseball games today and Cole chilled out by the pool and played Xbox with his friends.  
Even with a sugar free Red Bull, he can still chillax!

So today, I took advantage of God's day to rest.  Cole and I went to church but when we came home, I didn't wash those two loads of clothes in the hamper.  They can wait until tomorrow.  I did not unload the dishwasher and reload it or clean out my car.  I put my bathing suit on, grabbed a magazine and headed outside to soak up some sun.  I tried not to think of it as being lazy....just some much-needed down time to get me geared up for next week.

I hope you took time this weekend to relax and recharge your batteries.  I bet you are gonna need it.

"O God, you cause abundant showers to fall on your chosen people.  When they are tired, you sustain them."
~Psalms 68:9

No comments:

Post a Comment