If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mishaps Abound

I will be the first to admit that I am a little accident-prone.  Ok, well a lot.  I can walk barefoot across a straight street and manage to trip and fall (think Sandra Bullock walking across the tarmac, after her makeover, in Miss Congeniality).  So, I guess it doesn't surprise me when crazy things are happening to me but usually I am not inundated like I have been these past two days.

It started yesterday while I was riding my bike.  I was at the end of my 10 mile ride and as I was trying to avoid hitting a very large bush and a stop sign, I somehow managed to run off the curb and almost hit a car that was driving by.  I don't know who was more scared....me or the driver of the car.  If anyone was taping me, they would be the guaranteed winner of $10,000 on America's Funniest Videos.

Cole is participating in a six-day intensive workshop this week so after I dropped him off at class, I decided to look for a bookstore to pick up a daily devotional for a birthday gift.  I checked my GPS and noticed there was a store close.  My phone rang as I was getting out of my car and I was concentrating on my conversation instead of paying attention to the store I was entering.  I stopped dead in my tracks when I went through the front door of the bookstore because there were naked pictures hanging everywhere and the guy behind the counter looked like this.
I hung up my phone as he said, "Can I help you, hon?"  When I mentioned that I didn't think I could get a devotional in his store he laughed and gave me the address for Barnes & Noble.  Hello floor, swallow me up now.

After I picked Cole up from class, we headed over to our old stomping ground of the Burbank Apartments to have dinner with Tara, Paleigh and Lawson.  When Cole and I finally headed home, it was 9:00 p.m. and we realized we needed to print out a couple of head shots for this week so we headed to Walgreens (our first mistake).  We uploaded the picture and while we waited for it to print, we shopped.
I was shopping for shampoo while Cole was having fun in the toy aisle.

As I was paying for the pictures, I noticed that my debit card was missing.  As in M-I-S-S-I-N-G!  I was trying to stay calm but it was all I could do not to start screaming and running around like Chicken Little.  I grabbed the photos and ran out of the store.  We tore my car apart with no luck.  I drove across town, back to the gas station I had stopped at earlier and low and behold, some sweet samaritan had found my card on the ground and turned it in.  Cole was so excited he hugged the gas station attendant!  I think the guy (who spoke very little English) thought he was going to be robbed!  Ha!

As we were pulling away from the gas station and thanking Jesus for our good fortunue, Cole decides to look at the photos that were printed at Walgreens.  When he pulls them out, I immediately start laughing because they had cropped the picture so much that Cole looked like he was scalped!  Back to Walgreens we go so we could sit and wait for them to be reprinted.  

At 11:00 p.m., we fell into bed and lost consciousness until 6:00 a.m.

Cole has the most obnoxious alarm clock (and it still does not wake him up) so when it went off at 6:00 a.m. I fell out of bed.  I promise I am going to throw that thing out the window!

He had coaching at 9:00 a.m. to prepare for his Producer's Call back that was scheduled for 12:30.  As soon as we left the studio after his coaching session, our Manager called and said the call back had been rescheduled for tomorrow at 12:15.  Really?  Cole was sooooo ready to rock it.  Ok, Plan B.  Cole strips off his audition clothes and we head to McJunkies to get sweet tea (the ONLY place in town that has it!) before I drop him off at his class.  What joy $1 can bring you in the form of a large sweet tea.  Yum yum.  As we are pulling out, I pick mine up to take a big slurp and instead, dump the entire contents in my lap.  Do you know how much liquid is in a large cup?  Think tsunami, with ice!  We both cracked up laughing.  What else could we do?

So, he's at class and I'm home lounging in my pj's because, of course, I have no clean clothes to put on (I really should do laundry more often).  So thankful I didn't get upset at all these "challenges" and have learned to laugh at the small things.

Ever have a day like that?

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing..."
~Psalm 30:11

No comments:

Post a Comment