If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Home Life: Here & There

"Spencer, do you have a game? Can I play, bro?"  This is the question that startled me out of my sleep this morning.  Even before I opened my eyes, my first two thoughts were a) dang it, I have overslept for a game, and b) I am so glad Spencer is with us.  When I opened my eyes and saw that it was dark outside and then looked at my phone and it said 3:38 a.m., I realized Cole was carrying on a conversation in his sleep.  Again.  

The last couple of days have been spent getting accustomed to the two hour time difference and catching up on some much-needed rest.  We have a heated pool at the condo so Cole and I hung out there for a while yesterday afternoon.
"Heated?" you say?  Well, yes because our highs are only in the 70's. Yes, I am bragging!

Last night, Cole had the first of four acting classes with a new acting coach named Margie Haber.  It was a four hour class so I met Darrin, Kari and Olivia Shea for dinner at Aroma Cafe.  This is the cutest cafe that is within walking distance of our condo.  It is tucked into some trees and honestly, if you didn't know where it was, you would have a hard time finding it.  They have the most AMAZING food.  I think all these attributes I described are the reason that so many people flock to it, famous and non-famous alike.  While I was sitting at a table by the curb, I saw J.K. Simmons, whom you might know from the Farmer's Insurance commercials.

I saw Eddie Mills, who played Cole's faux dad in "Wrestling with Angels".

And, as I was admiring a yellow Ferrari that was parked beside me on the curb, David and Victoria Beckham walked out of the cafe and got in the car.
I knew he looked familiar and then I realized that he is the model for the team that Herbalife sponsors in soccer (sorry Spencer, I don't know the team name!)  They were casually dressed but even in flip flops, this was a beautiful couple.

Things seem to be going swimmingly (this is a "Coppelia" word) at home for Brad and Spencer.  When I called Spencer yesterday morning, he was catching me up on everything happening on the home front and telling me about washing clothes and how Kobe ate a bug and then yacked it up on the floor, etc, etc, etc.  Sounds like things are pretty much the same.  But I loved when he called me yesterday afternoon to tell me about his day at work.  He is doing AWESOME and his confidence level has shot through the roof.  Isn't it amazing that God knew just the right job for him.  I love it.

Cole has a voice over audition on Thursday.  The film was made in France so we are assuming that he will be dubbing in the English version.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm going to try to go back to sleep.  Otherwise, at 2:30 this afternoon, I will crash face first on the floor.  That won't be pretty.

Did you have a good day?

"Every word of God is purified; he is like a shield for those who take refuge in him."
~Proverbs 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment