If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Proud

When our boys were young and they obeyed without back sass, it made me proud (because I was one sassy kid and if I avoided that, that's great!).  As they got older and they would do their chores without complaint, my chest would puff out in pride.  But this past month, my "proud meter" is full tilt on overload.

You know I have been bragging about Spencer and his new found independence with me being gone and his summer job.  I talked with one of his customers the other day (who happens to be my good friend, Mary) and she said he was so professional on the phone when he called.  Insert puffed out chest here.

Well, yesterday I was able to witness Cole's blossoming independence and business acumen.  He has been participating in an intensive acting workshop for the past week and last night, he attended a party with Casting Directors, Agents and Managers.  By the time I picked him up at 10:00 p.m. (in my pj's of course), he had an Agent following him to the car, two Managers who were dying to rep him and 12 Aussie girls drooling over his perfect Aussie accent!  He was calm, cool and collected and when someone ask him where he got his business sense from, he said, "My dad.  Definitely not my mom."  Ha!  I reminded him that he DID get his sense of fun from me and really, fun is what it is all about.  Just saying.

I have a lot of proud Mom's showing up in my newsfeed for Facebook.  Karmen's girls are in Peru, Valerie's daughter is in Haiti and my cousin Jackie's kiddos are spread hither, thither and yon, all helping at different charities.  Through the blood, sweat, tears, prayers, prayers and more prayers, I love when God gives us a glimpse of what we have done right as parents.  Makes me want to go to the rooftop and shout but in LA, I would either get shot or have the police called.  Guess I will do a jig instead.

So join me in puffing out your chest and strutting like a chicken as we savor these proud moments.  Got any good proud mama (or daddy) stories?

"Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit  All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
~Colossians 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment