If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekend of Fun

Don't you love how God orchestrates everything in the background and you may not be able to see it for a while but when He finally gives you a glimpse, you're like, "Wow!"  That's the way I felt this weekend when I realized how fortunate we are to be living in the same city (only a couple of miles from each other) as the Shea family.  They have been the answer to so many of my prayers.

Friday night, Darrin, Kari, Allie, Olivia, Cole and I headed to City Walk at Universal City to have dinner and see a movie.  Of course, we had to visit the store Sugar Rush...
Don't you love one whole wall of every imaginable flavor of jelly beans?!

Saturday, I cooked a pork loin and invited the Shea's over to swim and eat dinner.  We had so much fun swimming and eating.  As the Shea's were leaving, Logan forgot his shorts and undies so Cole decided to throw them down to him on the street (off the second floor).  Well, let's just say that Cole is a bad shot and Logan's undies are now a permanent fixture in the tree outside our condo.
Haha!

Today, we went to church, had lunch at Chili's with the Shea's and Cole just called to ask if he could spend the night with Logan.  Ahhh, more time for me to watch the Hallmark channel and enjoy my glass of wine.

If you are a dad, I hope you had a great Father's Day.  I miss my Dad and miss spending Father's Day with Brad but love that God has blessed us with this adventure.

"Listen, my child, to the instruction from your father..."
~Proverbs 1:8


No comments:

Post a Comment