If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, February 1, 2013

Day #5 & #6: Crazy Has Set In

If you have ever seen a picture of Grumpy Cat, then you know exactly what Spencer has looked like these past two days...

Yep, that's it.

Being sequestered in the hospital room is driving Spencer insane.  This hospital stay has been different from our previous ones in that he has recovered so much quicker and, therefore, is ready to go do something, anything.

Spencer's chest x-ray yesterday showed no fluid present (yeah!) but his lower left lobe is still deflated.  Respiratory therapy is being very aggressive with their breathing treatments so that when the chest x-ray is repeated on Monday, it will look well enough for Spencer to go home!  We are so ready.

Cole has been busy, busy, busy with auditions and school in California.  He has some amazing opportunities coming up and we are hopeful that everything will come to fruition.  I will keep you posted.

I was trying to find something in the play room today to cheer Spencer up when I spotted Princess Barbie.  Oh, how I loved my Malibu Barbie when I was growing up but Spencer was NOT impressed.
It took about five seconds before he threw a ball at her and knocked her off the computer.  Boys definitely do not embrace getting in touch with their feminine side!

I am so incredibly tired.  Every time someone comes in the room in the middle of the night, I wake up and missing my R.E.M. sleep has sucked the life right out of me.  My hospital stamina has diminished over these past 15 months of being hospital-free.

Praying for a good night tonight and a trip home next week.

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you."
~2 Thessalonians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment