If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Guilty

I am guilty of many things...

Being overprotective with the boys.
Talking and laughing too loud.
Drinking too much coffee.
Sometimes drinking too much wine.
Being short tempered with bad-attitude people who work in retail.
Eating too much.
Watching too much HGTv.
Complaining to God when things don't go my way.
Wanting to adopt every stray animal, regardless of what they are.
Doing something, anything, instead of cleaning.
Not being thankful for all that we have.
Over committing myself.

Lately, I have been guilty of whining when I pray.  I am constantly reminding God that I don't know what the plan is and lest He forget, we need to get busy making one.   I have been unsettled, cranky and just no fun.

But, this morning, I felt that God was speaking directly to me through my devotional, Jesus Calling:
"You are feeling weighed down by a plethora of problems, both big and small.  They seem to require more and more of your attention, but you must not give in to those demands.  When the difficulties in your life feel as if they're closing in on you, break free by spending quality time with Me.  You need to remember who I am in all My Power and Glory.  Then, humbly bring Me your prayers and petitions.  Your problems will pale when you view them in the Light of My Presence.  You can learn to be joyful in Me, your Savior, even in the midst of adverse circumstances. "

Wow.  Needless to say, my attitude today has been one of thankfulness and gratitude with no whining whatsoever.  I will trust that everything will come together in God's time, not mine.


 "Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren, even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord!"
~Habakkuk 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment