If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day #7 - FREEDOM!

Spencer was finally released from isolation today and was able to leave his hospital room for the first time in seven days.  Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVED the smile on his face!  We walked to the gift shop (no wheelchair for this guy) and went outside to soak up some sunshine.  Holy smokes, it felt good to be out with him.
He still has to wear a mask when he's out, but he doesn't care.

He had visitors, he went walking several times and he won at Connect Four more times than I can count.  Definitely a good day.

I started off the day by accidentally pulling the "Emergency" cord in the bathroom, when my towel caught on it, and I am happy to report that the response time for the nurses is five seconds or less!  

Spencer is looking forward to the Super Bowl tomorrow and I am looking forward to busting out of this joint on Monday or Tuesday.  I am so surprised but so thankful how quick Spencer has recovered this time.  I was amazed at the strength he had to walk around today.  I guess he has been building up his stamina and his immune system these past 15 months of being well.

Did you have a good day?

"Indeed, you are my shelter, a strong tower that protects me from the enemy."
~Psalm 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment