If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, February 4, 2013

Day #8 - Home from the Hospital!

Sunday morning in the hospital is like any other morning while in the hospital.  A resident comes in early and talks loud, a tech comes in to check vitals and I have to keep from screaming and throwing the covers over my head.  I resist the temptation and get up, fold up my bed and stumble to the shower and ready myself for another day of hospital life.

Yesterday began the same way with one exception; while I was down getting coffee cup #2, Dr. Bauer was telling Spencer that he was being discharged.  Wha what?!  Dr. Bauer had ordered a chest x-ray and it looked so good that he discontinued the IV antibiotics and said there was no need to keep Spencer because the x-ray showed Spencer's left lung fully inflated.  WOOHOO!  I hugged Dr. Bauer (he's definitely not a hugger) and started packing!

It's the first time in 14 years that we have ever been discharged a day early and never that quickly.  Fortunately, I keep all of our stuff packed so 10 minutes later, we were ready to roll.

We pulled into our driveway at 1:30 and as you can imagine, the dogs went c-r-a-z-y!  They were so happy to have Spencer home.

I unpacked while Spencer rested so we could get ready for the Super Bowl.  Spencer's friend, Seth, surprised him by coming over and bringing three of Spencer's friends!  Thank goodness for Domino's and Brad!

The boys had a blast (nerf gun wars, ping pong and Connect Four at halftime and during the blackout) and Spencer had a huge smile on his face all night.
Jake, Bradley, Seth, Spencer, Dylan and Noah.  Love these boys and can't believe how much they have grown up!

Love it!

After the guys left and I did Spencer's breathing treatment, I fell in bed at 10:45 and slept until 9:00 this morning!  Thank goodness for coffee, coffee and more coffee.

Cole has a HUGE audition this afternoon so please send your thoughts and prayers his way!  We just never know what God has in store for us.

"Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful.  Turn and take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful."
~Psalm 70:16


No comments:

Post a Comment