If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthday Celebration & Puppy Sleepover

After our restful day on Saturday, I was raring to go when my alarm went off Sunday morning.  Cole, well, not so much. ;)

After church, we headed to Katrina's house (our Manager).  One of her clients is putting together a commercial to promote Quirkfest, a festival that will be held next spring for funny shorts, videos, commercials, trailers and You Tube videos and he used Cole and some other clients in the commercial.  

Cole worked on school the rest of the afternoon and I got a cooking "bug" so I made pecan encrusted Tilapia, green beans and salad.  Yum.  I also tried a new recipe for crunchy chick peas, where you coat them with a mixture of cumin, crushed red pepper, garlic and salt (my FAVORITE spice combination!) and then bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Oh my goodness, I am addicted!  At least it's healthy.

Sunday was Slade's 17th birthday so we headed to his favorite restaurant, Maria's, for some fabulous Italian food. 

  His friend, Sammi, and her mom Ellen joined us and we had such a good time.  Sammi is gorgeous and oh, so sweet.  A perfect combination.

At dinner, Sammi said she wished she knew of someone who could keep her dog because she was going to be on set for at least 12 hours on Monday.  Cue the lights and music!  HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!!!  I may have scared Ellen and Sammi with how quickly (and maybe aggressively) I expressed my desire to keep said dog, but they agreed anyway.

Meet Sarah!
Awww.

She must know that I'm the human in charge of her because she has not left my side.  She is smart, house trained and has been a welcome substitute for my animals that I am missing so much.  Don't worry Coppelia, she is only staying until tomorrow!

It's overcast and a mere 65 degrees this morning and a welcome reprieve from the 100+ we had last week.  They are even predicting RAIN on Thursday, which is so unusual for this time of year.  It's not the same as fall in Arkansas but I'll take it.

It is stacking up to be a busy week already with two auditions on the books and hopefully, more to come.  I'm so excited we only have three weeks until we get to see Brad and Spencer and six weeks until we make our trek home.  I'm definitely looking forward to the break!
Thank goodness for Skype because I love chatting with this young man every day and watching his facial expressions as he talks about football.

Do you have exciting plans for this week?

"Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand it's way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged."
~I Corinthians 13:4 - 5


No comments:

Post a Comment