If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Laziness or Rejuvination

My mother, whom I love dearly, does not know the meaning of words like unmotivated, sitting still, laziness, letting the grass grow under your feet, etc.  She is always busy.  Even if she is standing still for a second, I think her mind is busy thinking of things she needs/wants to do.  Must be why she is so cutsie and little.

I used to think of a day with no plans as a wasted day.  My thinking is that you are supposed to cram every possible thing, plus one, into each day so you feel accomplished (and exhausted) when you lay down to sleep.

Yesterday, I realized we needed a day of rest when I found Cole sound asleep across two chairs when he was supposed to be working on school.
I'm glad he didn't roll off.

  I realize now that every once in a while, we need a "free" day to rejuvenate ourselves.  No cleaning, no washing clothes, no running errands...nothing.  Just resting and relaxing.

Today was the day!  With no plans in sight I stayed in my pj's all day and watched three movies and caught up on all my shows on HGTv, and Cole loved spending the day with his friends on XBox.

My sweet friend, Karen Huber, sent me a new book to read and I was so excited to get started.
I'm only on page 23 but I'm already loving it.

Tomorrow is a busy day with church, a trip to our Manager's house and a birthday celebration tomorrow night for our room mate, Slade.  So glad we took today off.

"Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning."
~Ecclesiastes 11:7

No comments:

Post a Comment