If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Welcoming Committee for Cali

I LOVE when our friends make a trip to California and call us to get together while they are in our neck of the woods (so to speak).  It warms my heart to hear another southern accent and to catch up with what is going on in the hopping town of Little Rock.

Our friends from church, the Bratton's, arrived in LA last night.  As soon as she sent me a text to tell me they were arriving at 5:00 p.m., Cole and I jumped in the car to head to Anaheim.  Even though Disneyland is only 35 miles away, at 4:30 on a weekday it might as well be 135 miles away.  Luckily, with Cole navigating with Google maps, we were able to go around the super congested areas and detour off the main freeway where there was a wreck and we made it in just over an hour.  What did we ever do before technology.

By the time Melissa and the kids arrived, Cole and I had explored the resort and decided that we needed to plan a weekend to bring Brad and Spencer there...it was so cool.

We had dinner at the Storyteller's Lodge.  The food was good but the desserts were amazing!
Will, Alex and Cole ate enough sugar to last them a week!

Melissa and I hid our desserts before the picture.  Ha!

After dinner, we went to downtown Disney that has all these amazing shops.
I L-O-V-E this dress!  As soon as I saw it, I thought of my cousin Shannan who looks like a fairy tale princess and even had a princess wedding.  This dress would be beautiful on her.

The kids found the Lego store.  I was amazed.  Each of these designs is made in Denmark and takes a minimum of one year.  I think Cole would consider that one of his dream jobs.

Hulk only took 6 months to make.

We had so much fun but by 9:00, we knew it was time for us to head home and for the Bratton's to get some rest.  It only took us 40 minutes to get home.  The last thing I saw before I fell asleep was Cole working on his new Lego superhero he bought.  Oh to have that much energy.

"A friend loves at all times."
~Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment