If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Worry Wart

I am a worrier by nature.  I have been all my life.  I'm sure, while in the womb, I was worrying that I would be born at just the right time and everything would be perfect!

Over the years, God has shown me that instead of worrying, I need to be trusting.  Trusting in Him to take care of all things, both big and small.  Through Spencer's illness that has spanned 13 years, I have learned to "Let go and let God" over things that I have no control.

But I still worry.  I worry about worrying!  Shouldn't I, as a trusting Christian, KNOW that God is in control and wants nothing but the best for me?  Shouldn't I realize that worrying will not change the outcome and that it is a wasted resource?  Don't I have enough faith as a Believer to turn everything over to God and be content with whatever happens?  Yes, my mind knows all these things but my heart sometimes most of the time, does not listen.

The things I worry about today are not what I worried about when I was younger.  I use to worry about what people thought about me; now I realize that the only thing that matters is what God thinks about me.  I use to worry about making everyone happy.  Now I know that I only need to make Him happy.

There is always something to worry about...money, teenagers, money, the future, money, family, money; you get the picture.  My goal every day is to enjoy every moment and not worry.  Some days I achieve my goal while most days I fall short.  I am so blessed to be loved by a God, my family and friends that love me anyway.

To offset my worry, God blessed me with two amazing boys that make me live for the moment.
This young man, against ALL odds, amazes us daily with his love for life, his determination and his fortitude.  Spencer passed the written test and received his driver's permit yesterday!  We are so incredibly proud of him and are excited about this new chapter in his life.

And this young man is such a blessing every day and keeps me laughing and remembering why we do what we do.  I love his love for life and how he gives 110% to all that he does.  I wouldn't trade the world for the experience and the memories we are making.

In my "Jesus Calling" this morning, it began with "I am with you.  I am with you.  I am with you."  It is just what I needed to hear.

Got any good advice for a worrier?

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."
~Hebrews 11:1


No comments:

Post a Comment