If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, October 28, 2012

LA Cancer Challenge 5K

Cole, Vickey and I participated in the LA Cancer Challenge 5K on Sunday morning.  We were running in honor of so many of our family and friends who have cancer or are cancer survivors, especially Brad and Spencer.  When I think how cancer has touched our lives and how grateful and blessed we are to have experienced a positive outcome, it is overwhelming.

But this was not your ordinary 5K; oh no.  This was a wear-your-crazy-costume 5K and so, not to disappoint, we did just that.  
Yes, I am dressed as Tinkerbell!  Cole was a super hero with a jet pack and Vickey was a butterfly.

Vickey didn't want to run in butterfly wings so I used my puffy paint and put some on the back of her shirt.

Although the high today will be 90, it was a cool 70 degrees at race time and we all finished with a smile on our face.  I am so proud of Cole for finishing in 27 minutes!  Also, this was Vickey's very first race EVER!  She did awesome.

After the race, we ate breakfast at IHOP and we have the rest of the day to lounge around.  Seems like a good day for a nap.

"So now, children, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways."
~Proverbs 8:32 


No comments:

Post a Comment