If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, October 26, 2012

Proud Mama

Instead of a "blogger" I should be labeled as a "bragger" since I use most of the space in my blog to brag about my family, but I just can't help myself.
I love seeing this face each morning as we Skype about school and life in general.  

Spencer was asked to speak to the after-school kids at Little Rock Christian on Tuesday.  LRC was promoting Arkansas Children's Hospital and my sweet friend, Karmen, asked if Spencer could come "inspire and encourage" the seven, eight and nine-year-olds.  Karmen sent me the sweetest note afterwards, telling me how Spencer touched both kids and parents alike and what an impression he left on everyone.  Warms my heart.

Yesterday, I received the sweetest e-mail from Spencer's friend, Derek.  He is the owner for Community Connections in Conway and they established the flag football program in which Spencer participates.  Last weekend, I sent Derek a quick thank you e-mail for asking Spencer to attend UCA's football game last Saturday night and his response made me tear up (of course).  He said, "You should see Spencer on the field this year.  He comes out every week prepared and leading his team.  If someone has a bad attitude or makes a mistake Spencer is there to pick them up and make them better.  Even when Alex (Spencer's coach) gets a bad attitude when they lose it's Spencer who brightens the moment.  I know his dream is to be a football coach and I believe he'll be a great one."  Whoa, bring out the Kleenex.  I have hated missing Spencer's games this year but I'm so glad Brad has taped them for me to see.

Only five days until Brad and Spencer arrive in LA!  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

"I relied completely on the Lord, and he turned toward me and heard my cry for help."
~Psalm 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment