If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Crazy Life of an Actor

This past week has reaffirmed my belief that the life of an actor is indeed crazy.  They have crazy schedules, they keep crazy hours and basically every actor must be a little crazy to cope with this life.  No shocking news there.

But this week has also reminded me that I am so thankful that Cole began his formidable years under "normal" circumstances (if you can count me as his mother as normal!).  He is blessed to be raised in the South where he is taught manners, was fortunate to go to a school that glorified God and is unconditionally loved and accepted by wonderful family and friends.  These attributes alone, in my opinion, give him a head start.  Add to that his awesome personality, his quirky sense of humor and the cuteness factor and I think you have a complete package.  Evidently, I'm not the only one with this thought because he leaves a lasting impression on everyone he meets.

Our week has been filled with auditions, coaching with a new acting coach, more auditions and then, last night, a Table Read for a Feature Film which Cole was invited to read.  A Table Read is where the Director gets all of the actors together that he thinks he wants to use to see how the chemistry is between everyone.  It was very interesting.
I sent this picture to Brad and all he commented about was how many wine bottles were on the table!  Ha!

We had time to spare between Cole's audition and the Table Read so we headed down to Sunset Boulevard to grab a bite at Mel's Diner (the one made famous by American Graffiti) and then to the Beverly Glen mall.  I found some extremely interesting shoes...
Loved these!

Or how about these?

Do you think I could wear either of these to an Arkansas Baptist High School football game?!

I did find my dream dress for that moment when I have reached my "target" size.
Absolutely loved this.  Honey, get ready to take me some place fancy!

Cole is experiencing a growth spurt and that reality was confirmed again last night when he informed me his tennis shoes were too small.  Although I was very excited about the prospect of throwing away the most awful shoes on the planet, I was not overjoyed about buying a new pair.  We bought a pair of high tops in May that were size 9 and then last night, the clerk at the shoe store said he needed a size 10.  Does that mean by Christmas he will need a size 11?  Yikes!
They are new, on sale and have no holes in them so I'm excited.

I can't wait for Brad and Spencer to come and see us which will be October 31st.  A little trick-or-treating and some much-needed family time are on the menu.  Unfortunately, I was not able to talk Spencer into staying with Cole and I for the month of November.  In his words, "I have a good gig going on and I don't want to mess it up."  Really?  Sigh.  Guess I will be happy with just six days.

Our temps are finally starting to cool off.  Today's high was 84 and by next week, highs in the 70's.  Can't. Hardly. Wait.

Have you had a good week?

"She is clothed with strength and honor, and she can laugh at the time to come."
~Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment