If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, January 9, 2012

A few more doctor visits

Today was a long day of sitting in doctor's offices but I feel that I am moving in the right direction.  At my appointment this morning with my primary doctor, he reviewed all the tests and bloodwork that has been done over the past few days and decided on a two-course action: 1) he referred me to a GI doctor and, 2) he referred me to an orthopaedic doctor.  His approach is to cover all aspects of what may be the cause of the pain.

I had an appointment with the GI doctor, Dr. Budhraja, today at 1:45.  I was familiar with her because her husband is my endocrinologist that I see for my thyroid but this is the first time I have seen her as a patient.  Not only is she a smart doctor but she has a great personality...love that.  We talked for a while and she will be doing an upper GI and a colonoscopy Thursday morning.  Even though the CT scans showed everything looked fine on the outside, she wants to know what they look like from the inside.

On Tuesday at 1:00 I will be meeting Dr. Blankenship at Ortho Arkansas to make sure that I have nothing going on with my back that could have caused the pain.  I really don't think that is a problem and I wanted to cancel tomorrow's appointment, but Brad is lovingly adamant that while we are in town, I get a thorough check up with everyone.  Sigh.

This is not how I pictured beginning the new year but I am reminding myself that it could be much worse.  I am thankful that everyone else is well and I am not in pain any longer.  God has a plan, right?

Forty one years ago today, a sweet, cute and smart bouncing baby boy entered this world.  He was my first "baby" and we are so thankful to God for him....
Happy Birthday, Dwayne.  Get the fire extinguisher!

"Then you will say to my brother, "Peace to you and your house!  Peace to all that is yours!"
~1 Samuel 25:6

No comments:

Post a Comment