If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hurry up and wait

According to Google, the phrase, "Patience is a virtue." is credited to a poem written in 1377 by William Langland.  Not much is known about Mr. Langland but how wise, or crazy, he must have been to coin this phrase.


Even on my best days, I am not patient.  I am a hop to it, chop chop, let's go kind of girl, although I am much better than I used to be.  I have learned that when you are going a thousand miles per second, you do miss the little things that one day turn out to be big things.  All this to say that I have tried, very hard, this weekend to be calm and wait to see my doctor today to find out what else he has in mind to diagnose my mysterious illness.


Saturday was bleak and gloomy and we all spent most of the day in front of the fire playing games and watching tv.  
We definitely need a bigger couch.


Sunday was my Gigi's birthday and we went to church with her.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives.  There are so many times I wish she was still living with us because she is just fun to be around.  I strive to be like that.


Sunday afternoon was football time.  Now, if you know me at all, you know I know nothing about sports, nor do I care to.  However, I do love Tim Tebow.  I read his book while we were in LA and became an instant fan.  So, Spencer's favorite team, the Steelers were playing my favorite quarterback, Tim Tebow, who do you think I am going to root for?
He was chanting, "Down with Tebow!" while he waved his Terrible Towel.  I am asking for a Tebow jersey for my birthday!  Ha!


We headed to my brother's house for dinner and to watch the game and to celebrate Dwayne's 41st birthday.  My oh my how his neighbor's must have hated all of the yelling.


I will see my primary doctor today and will keep you all posted.  My friend Carol gave me a new devotional for Christmas entitled "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  It is written from the perspective of God having a conversation with us.  This was today's reading...


"I am with you and for you.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come.  If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment.  Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace.  Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence."


No truer words were ever spoken.


"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble."
~Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment