If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fun Lessons Learned

This week has flown by and I'm sure it's because the boys were out of school Monday and Tuesday.  Everyone is doing great, especially since tomorrow is Friday! 

Spencer and I went to the Eagles Junior High Football game tonight.  I go to these games strictly on the basis of finding my friends, sitting with my friends and catching up with what is going on with my friends.  I do watch the game, occasionally, and have even been known to follow it for more than one play although that doesn't happen often.  I totally admit that I am no sports person (and I live with the biggest sports nut on the planet) but here are a few things I learned this evening:

* There is no such thing as the 53 yard line (who knew?)

* It's called an on-side kick, not an off-side kick and if you don't know the difference, you shouldn't act like you do!

* Since there is no yellow line on the field to show where the first down line is (you know, like they have on tv), they use the orange flags on the side of the field.

* If you listen to the announcer, you can learn a lot of things.

*And, finally, sitting at these games just confirms that I have THE BEST friends ever because who else would sit and answer all my stupid questions?!

Thanks, girls, for trying to teach me something.  I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment