If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, October 29, 2010

T.G.I.F!!!!!!!

This is my first day this week to be at home and I am loving it!  I am a homebody at heart (although my mom could tell you that was not the case when I was a teenager) so to be running hither, thither and yon everyday, all day makes me really appreciate being able to be home and catch up on some things.

In all of the craziness of preparing for the Hoedown, I have been making some "crafty" things...some out of necessity and some out of fun.  Since I am in charge of the decorations this year, I tried to make things that could be used year after year.
I bought two galvanized buckets from Home Depot, painted them with chalkboard paint, hot glued some jute twine around it and voila...we can use them for snacking peanuts during the Hoedown but the staff can use them afterwards during lessons for the riders.

I'll take pictures of the decorations that night but I did paint a picture for the silent auction.  I've already showed you what Spencer painted so I was inspired to create something as well.  I got the idea from here but had to change mine to fit the need.

I used a 16x20 canvas instead of wood (because I already had it) so to make the impression of the letters, I used carbon paper.

I used silver puffy paint to make my swirls.  Now I'm trying to decide if I should finish it with R.L. glaze or leave as is...this was so easy.  If you're in my family, don't be surprised if you get a smaller version of this for Christmas. ;)

For my cousin's baby shower, I made Isabel a picture frame.

Can I just say how much FUN it was making girly things!!!  Boys definitely don't appreciate swirls, glitter or feather boas!

I bought a bag of diapers and wrote a different message on each one.  That way, they will remember their cousins and how much we love them every time they change her diaper!
 
That's all my crafty stuff for this week.  Gotta run and get ready for Spencer's last baseball game this evening, Cole is having a friend sleep over and we're going to the Razorback game tomorrow.  Fun, fun, fun!  Hope ya'll have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment