If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Fun

On Saturday, my mom, my grandmother, my aunt and I headed to Plano, Texas for a long-awaited baby shower for my cousins.  Aunt Martha and I are very hot natured and mom and Gigi, well, not so much.  We brought them blankets and jackets...everything short of an electric heater!  Gigi still got cold in the back seat so she used a Kroger bag to block the vent and we found my ski headband I wear while I'm running and she made good use of it!  Adorable!!

My friend Mindy gave me good directions on how to avoid the Dallas construction traffic so she sent us up 380 to North McKinney.  Unfortunately, Mindy hasn't learned that even with detailed directions AND a GPS in my car, I can still get lost.  Mom was in the front seat with me helping and we figured we were off course when we started seeing signs for Oklahoma!  After circling McKinney four times and 8 hours later, we made it!  Love it that my mom thinks of it as "the McKinney adventure" and not something much worse!

So, the whole point of going over there was to celebrate the birth and adoption of Isabel Faith Copeland.  My sweet cousins have been waiting 10 1/2 years for God to bless them with a little one and I must say, He outdid Himself!  She is precious!!!

Zane, Shannan and Baby Izzy.  I had to have Zane stoop down since he is 6'5"!!

I got to hold her after church.  Oh my goodness she is so sweet and such a good baby.  I can't understand why Brad doesn't want to have another baby?!

The weekend went way too fast and before we knew it, it was time to head home.  We got away from Dallas around 3:00 but wouldn't you know it, we hit the hail and wind storms and finally pulled over in Hope, AR to ride it out at a Walgreens.  Hey, if you're going to be stuck it might as well be someplace that you can shop;)  We were all home safe and sound by 10:00ish and so thankful for a wonderful weekend.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment