If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smorgasboard of Fun!

What a great day today!  Lots of fun stuff going on at the Ewing house.

To start the day off just right, Lisa and Mindy came over for t-shirt decorating 101 or as Mindy referred to it "Craftfest 2010"!  We made shirts for the Race for the Cure in which we're walking in honor of our bestest friend, Valerie, who is going through chemo right now for her breast cancer.


Lisa and Mindy, the cutest, sweetest, tiniest friends I know...that's why I'm not in the picture!


Pink tye dye with green, sparkly puffy paint.....L-O-V-E I-T!!!


What outfit would be complete without a tiara with added embellishment...I was so excited that we had to break out the hot glue gun!
Can't wait until the Race!

After all the artsy craftsy stuff was cleaned up and Spencer knew it was safe to come downstairs, he and I headed to North Little Rock to Hearts & Hooves' barn to take stock of our decorations for our upcoming Hoedown.  I'm in charge of the decorations this year and I'm so excited about all our possibilities.  We stopped off at our fearless leaders' house to pick up some posters and Spencer got to meet her "child" Remi, who is a 5'1", 185 pound, three year old Great Dane.  He is absolutely adorable!!!

Do you think Brad would mind if we brought Remi home?!?
 

We had to keep Remi from leaning against Spencer!  Remi is sooo cute and has the sweetest disposition.
 

The little puppy is Kane, a 9-week-old Great Dane.  He thinks he is the size of Remi and will run up and bite Remi's tail...I really would have brought both dogs home if I thought Brad wouldn't divorce me!
 
And, last, but not least, I got in one more craft project.  My cousins, after 10+ years of trying to have a baby, have adopted the MOST ADORABLE baby ever!  She is precious!  The boys cannot wait to meet her but I made her this Blessing Ring.  I got the idea from http://www.thedavisfamilynwa.blogspot.com/ and I just thought it was the cutest idea.
 

You take a big ring, or in this case, a necklace that you can get at Hobby Lobby.  I printed out a card and punched holes to wrap ribbon through it.  Then, for each card you receive, you punch a hole in it, add it to the ring and tie a ribbon between each card.  I thought it was a great way to keep track of all the cards and you can hang it somewhere in the baby's room where you can see it everyday!  I love arts and crafts!



1 comment:

  1. I am overwhelmed at your kindness and sweet words about me! God knew that I needed to get caught up on your posts today....Love you 3 girls so much!!

    ReplyDelete