If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Ewing B & BLDR

We have turned the Ewing house into the Ewing Bed & Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for Recuperation.

First, I am very happy to report that Spencer is feeling SO MUCH BETTER!  Praise the Lord, he looks good.  I am so glad I took him to the doctor Tuesday.  I also think because he has been well so long and because he has gotten so much stronger physically that his body was better prepared to fight the illness.  Whatever, I am just thankful to see those sparkling eyes this morning.

Yesterday, Gigi (who is 89 years young) had surgery on her foot to remove an extra bone.  She has bathroom and bed privileges but that is it so she came over here so I could keep an eye on her.  Just like all women in our family, she tends to do things she is not supposed to!  We put her in Spencer's old wheelchair and she is wheeling herself all over the house (I'm so glad my husband had the foresight to make all our hallways and doorways wheelchair accessible).  This morning she is folding clothes.  Hey, we make you work here for your food!

The boys are accomplishing a lot on their quick trip to Florida.  Habitat for Humanity is there today picking up the furniture that Brad is not bringing back.  I am so thankful that a worthwhile agency will be able to use Nana's household goods.

Last night the boys visited our favorite seafood restaurant, Chuck's.  Cole has decided he likes raw oysters.
I have just one word for that....YUCK! 

They will leave Saturday and should be home sometime Sunday afternoon.

How do you like my "friend" I met yesterday on my run?
I think he is one of the good guys but honestly, I didn't stick around to ask him.

Now if I can just get used to the heat and humidity...living in California has made me soft!

"The Lord takes delight in his faithful followers, and in those who wait for His loyal love."
~Psalm 147:11

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Gigi is 89!
    And what WAS that snake? Cottonmouth? Yipes!

    ReplyDelete