If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Texas

I made a quick trip to Jefferson, Texas on Tuesday so I could drive my Mom and Kermit to his dad's funeral.  The service was so nice and even though the circumstances were sad, it was great to visit with people that we hadn't seen in so long.

My Aunt Marilyn and my cousin Leslie came to the funeral and we all stayed in the most adorable Bed & Breakfast, the Hale House Inn.  Jefferson is full of rich history with so many of the homes being on the National Historic Register and over 60 B&B's in this town of only 2,100.

Each room of the Hale House Inn has a different theme.  I stayed in the "Southern Comfort" room which was a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.
No the best picture but definitely one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Loved my claw foot tub.

My favorite spot was sitting on the porch and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Timm and Karen Jackson, the owner's of Hale House, were incredibly nice and offered us a fabulous breakfast Wednesday morning.  It's a good thing I don't eat that way every day.  If you want to find out more about the Hale House Inn, you can go here.  If you are interested in the history of Jefferson, this is a great website.

I got back in town last night just in time to pick up Cole from youth and head home.  I am so thankful I was able to take Mom and Kermit and so grateful we had a safe trip.

I can't believe this weekend is Memorial Day!  The year is already almost half over.  Before we know it, it will be time to start Christmas shopping.

Do you have any exciting plans for Memorial Day?

"But I will strengthen you with my words; comfort from my lips will bring you relief."
~Job 16:5

No comments:

Post a Comment