If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day at our house yesterday.  It was wonderful to have everyone over here.

We all took a walk after lunch.  The weather was perfect.
Aunt Martha, Spencer and Mom.

And then we got the whole gang together.
We even got Rusty in the picture!

It is great that we have one whole day set aside for thanking our Mom's for all they have done and will do for us.  But how can we thank our mom in just one day?  For all the sacrifices, the lost hours of sleep, the worry, the pain....no, there's no way that even in a thousand years, I could repay my Mom for all she has done for me.  She was a very disciplined Mom (but with a child like me you would have to be) but also a very loving one.  Now, she's also one of my best friends.  I am so thankful that my children are blessed to call her Grandma.

It's also great that I have my Grandmother, Gigi, to share with my boys.  Grandmother's are the best; such wisdom, love and stories to tell all day.

We also remember the Mom's that are in Heaven celebrating this day.  Nana was the best mother and mother-in-law.  I wish my boys had been able to know her and spend time with her like they do Mom and Gigi.  They were the light of her world.

I hope you celebrated your mom or your children doted on you this weekend.

  "Her children rise up and call her blessed, her husband also praises her"
~Proverbs 31:28

No comments:

Post a Comment