If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank You Letter

Dear God:


I just wanted to thank you today for all that you have done for me.  I know that yesterday I was pretty cranky and that I questioned you a lot on your plan for Spencer to stay behind while Cole and I go to LA.  I also know that my relentless nagging on what Your plan is for Cole in LA and my infatuation with needing to know each and everything you have planned for my family for the next year is probably starting to get on your nerves.  So, I want to take this time to show my complete gratitude to You for ALL you do for us and to give You all the praise.


First, thank you for my quiet time this morning on the deck, just You and me.  I loved reading my devotionals and listening to the birds. I am so grateful for Ellen Miller who penned "Inspiration for Girlfriends" and for Sarah Young who You inspired to write "Jesus Calling".  These two women have opened my heart and my eyes to Your vision for me and my duty to my family and friends.


I also want to thank you for blessing me with a wonderful and loving husband.  He has the patience of Job, but obviously You knew that when you arranged our marriage.  Not just anyone could be married to me and last for over 20 years.  He works so hard but never hesitates to spend time with the boys and I.  I love him more today than the day we married and I pray that you bless us together for many years to come.


Words cannot express my overwhelming gratitude for entrusting Brad and I to be parents to Spencer and Cole.  I know sometimes I question You about your vision for what is best for the boys but when I stop questioning You, I know in my heart of hearts that Your plan is the right plan and I need to listen.


My heart swelled with pride today as Spencer's boss told me he did a "fabulous" job and he came to the car after his second day at work with a huge smile on his face.  I love his determination to conquer anything You put before him and his love of learning.  His love of all animals is such a common thread between us although for the life of me, I can't understand why he loves snakes.  Really?  I know You have BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS plans for his life and the impact he will have on others and he is the perfect example of your miraculous healing.  Thank you just does not seem enough.


Then there is Cole, who acts so much like me and, at first, I really questioned Your judgment on this.  I mean, you do remember how I was as a teenager, don't you?  Thankfully, Cole doesn't seem to have that streak of rebellion that I did and I hope to never see it.  I laugh so much when I am with him and I love his tender heart.  He cares so much for people and for their feelings.  His heart is full of Your love and I could not be prouder of him.  I know that You have BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS plans for his life and the impact he will have on others.


Finally, thank you for my family, my friends and the opportunity to live this amazing life with which You have chosen to bless me.  It is not always easy, it is not always what I would have chosen...BUT I know that You are always beside me guiding me through the good times and the bad.   I pray that I praise you more and disappoint you less, that I thank you every day for my amazing gifts and that I am all that you have chosen me to be.


I love you so much,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment