If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Job, New Plan

I feel sorry for my family when we are planning a trip because they know that the day before we leave, I turn into a Tasmanian Devil on steroids.  I absolutely lose all self-control and go totally nuts trying to get everything done.  All you see are things flying through the air and children and animals running for cover.  It is not a pretty sight.

Today was no different.  With the impending departure tomorrow morning, my wackiness kicked into high gear at 7:00 a.m. and didn't stop.  Why oh why do I stress so much over a trip that we have now taken four times?  Crazy.

Today was also Spencer's first day at his new job and I am sure that had nothing to do with my craziness (yeah, right).  He will be working three days a week at Energy Masters, Brad's heating/ac subcontractor.  Spencer is working in the office and learning all things officey....filing, answering the phone, computer work, etc.  I am so happy that he is working with Ricky and Charlotte because they are just the nicest people and if anyone is suited to teach Spencer the ropes, these two are.  He had a great first day but being the perfectionist that he is, he was discouraged that everything didn't go perfectly.  Of course, of all my bad habits, he definitely inherited this one from me. :(

Charlotte and Spencer.  Don't you love Spencer's office "uniform"?!  I am sure a lot of sports talk will take place in the office, especially since Ricky and Charlotte are HUGE Razorback fans!  

Cole spent the day at Wild River Country with his friends Robert and Chase.  From there, they went to youth at church and then out to eat. When I picked him up at 9:00 p.m. tonight, he was so exhausted but he had such a huge smile on his face.  Today was ranked as one of his best days ever!  Wow!
I have a feeling this darling will be sound asleep in five minutes.

We have decided to postpone leaving for LA until Friday morning.  With Cole being gone all day today and Spencer starting his new job, I felt that one more day at home would make everyone feel more settled (translation:  one more day at home is better for Mom).  We have to be back in LA by Monday afternoon so even leaving on Friday will get us there by Sunday night.  I feel much better about our revised plan.

Thank you so much for my e-mails and phone calls about yesterday's blog post.  It makes me feel so much better knowing that y'all have experienced similar situations and you SURVIVED!  Yippee, so glad there is hope!

I am banning my "crazy" self tomorrow and hoping for a calm, cool and collective day in preparing for our trip.  Wish me luck!

"Kind words are like honey -- sweet to the soul and healthy for the body."
~Proverbs 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment