If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Purging

I walked into the attic last night with one thing on my mind; finding a shower chair for Gigi to use while she is here recuperating.  I thought I knew exactly where it would be...on the far wall by the suitcases.  It wasn't there but there sure was a whole bunch of "stuff" that I didn't remember being there.  If I have been gone for the past three months, where did all this clutter memorabilia come from?

After a long walk this morning with my friend Lisa, I decided that it was time to do something about the attic.  No, not just stare at it and hope that it would clean itself up but really make some serious decisions about what needed to stay and what needed to find a new home.  So, I stormed the attic with my trusty sidekick (Spencer) and the determination to whittle the loot down to only the essentials.

After five hours (yikes!), I gathered a pile of over 50 items looking for a new home and I am happy to report that Craigslist is now teeming with all kinds of things from the Ewing household.  I thought I would give it a couple of weeks to see if anything sells and if they don't, I know that The Dorcas House or Our House will appreciate the donation.  Either way I will get it out of my attic and the items get another chance to bring someone else some joy.

Brad and Cole drove 12 1/2 hours today and finally stopped to spend the night in Hattiesburg, MS.  A short six hour drive tomorrow will have them home early afternoon.  I cannot wait to see them....seems so long since we were all together.

After a glass of wine, a Hallmark movie about a dog (made me cry!) and my pj's on, I am definitely ready for bed.  

Did you get anything accomplished today?

"I have no greater joy than this; to hear that my children are living according to the truth."
~3 John 1:4


1 comment: