If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Day of Rest

By Friday of this past week, I was already looking forward to Sunday.  I just couldn't wait to get to church and soak in God's word.  To say our life has been a whirlwind lately is a complete understatement, so the thought of sitting quietly in the sanctuary and feeling God's presence has been my light at the end of the tunnel.

God did not disappoint.  Beautiful service, beautiful message, blessed me.

Cole's "audition" for the motion picture Mud today consisted of dropping of his resume & picture, along with a thousand other hopeful actors, and being told there would be callbacks for some lucky ones either Wednesday or Thursday.  By the time we got home, I was in a panic & had worked myself into a severe headache.  We're supposed to be leaving Wednesday for LA.  Are they going to call Cole?  Do we need to leave Wednesday?  Do I need to try and postpone leaving for a week?  Thankfully, I am married to the Voice of Reason who reminded me of our commitments in LA and, that, if the producers are interested in Cole he can audition in LA (where they found the other kid actors who are starring in the movie).  Between Brad and Aleve, I am feeling much better.

So, I am happy to report that I have been in my pj's since 2:45 p.m. and have gotten caught up on all my shows I recorded last week.  No packing got done today but I can't say that nothing productive occurred...I worshipped, I rested and I was reminded how blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful man.

Mr. Wonderful & Rusty

"No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
~1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment