If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 21, 2011

We're Here!

I cannot believe we have spent our first night in our apartment.  It still seems so surreal, like we are all on vacation.  I think reality will start to sink in tomorrow when I drop Brad off at LAX at 6:30 a.m.

We had fun making our way out here.  We stayed in West Texas the first night (no pictures....flat, flat & flat brown land) but made it to Albuquerque, New Mexico the second night.  Gorgeous.  Twenty years ago, Brad and I flew into Albuquerque and drove up to Taos to go skiing for our honeymoon!
Our view from our hotel room!

Tucumcari, NM.  This picture really does not do it justice.  It is absolutely gorgeous with all the beautiful mountains.

Winslow, Arizona.  I sang that old Eagles song the whole way through town ("Well I'm standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see.").  The boys put on their headsets.

I drove through my first-ever dust storm in Seligman, Arizona.  Strangest thing ever.

We stayed our third night in Kingman, Arizona, on the infamous Route 66.  We had originally planned on staying at the Grand Canyon but when we arrived there, it was pouring rain and they had unprecedented flash flood warnings for the area.  Guess God wanted us to keep on trucking.  We'll make it a point to go there on the way home.

We rolled into Burbank at 1:00 p.m.  Our apartment is small but cute and clean (clean being the main thing!).  There are 20 apartments, all facing the courtyard, with tropical foliage everywhere.

Our sitting area right outside our door.  We are tucked into the corner and it will be the perfect place to sit in the morning with my coffee and Bible study.

You know that I am a social girl.  I love hanging with my family and friends.  One of my biggest concerns about being in California was the prospect of making new friends.  Well, I needn't have worried because after we unpacked, we headed out to sit at the pool and we met the NICEST people ever.  Our neighbors are just awesome and we even ended up ordering Indian food (woohooo for curry!!!!) and everyone sitting and eating together.  Someone even made brownies and brought them out!  Big sigh!  I KNOW that God placed us in this apartment, with these friends, at this time, for a reason.  Who am I to worry when God is the One in charge of the plan. 

Thank you for praying for us.  We love you all so very much and can't wait to share our exciting adventures with you.

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
~Philippians 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment