If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Moody Monday

Today was supposed to be D-Day or S-Day....school day.
The day the boys have been dreading all summer.  Just the mention of school puts a scowl on their faces that scare small children.
They must have both prayed really hard last night for this day to be postponed because after the opening of boxes & unpacking supplies, we discovered that...
A) I brought the wrong Pre-Algebra book from home;
B) I didn't even pack the Health or Language books;
C) Spencer hasn't even received his books from ABeka.  The box that I thought contained his books was actually the quiz/test books and the Teacher Key, not the student books.
D) I have a really bad attitude when things don't go my way.

After some thoughtful contemplation while standing in the laundry room of the apartment building and talking (arguing) with myself, I realized that in the whole scheme of things, one or two more days (or a week) of sans school will not result in death or dismemberment of me or my children.  Happy to report there's a smile on my face again and we will eagerly await boxes to arrive from Little Rock with all the correct material.

Spencer had his third workout with his trainer.  Anthony said that he really pushed Spencer and even had him doing some exercises that some grown men are not able to do.  Spencer had a smile on his face but you could tell he was tired.


While I worked on school schedules tonight and had a little quiet time with just me and my I-pod, the boys played cards with Grace, Freya, Hannah & Lars.  Of course, Mr. Competitive (a/k/a Spencer) had smoke coming out his ears because he & Freya lost to Cole and Grace by ONE point.  I don't think I will ever understand boys and their competitive nature.


Really missing Brad tonight but he will be out to see us in a couple of weeks.  


"O my people, trust in Him at all times.  Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge."
~Psalm 62:8

No comments:

Post a Comment