If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Friday, August 12, 2011

Thankful for the Rain

Spencer, Cole and I are one of the few people I know who LOVE the rain.  I look at rainy days as God's extra gift to sit and read a book or just watch the hummingbirds at the feeder, because if the sun is shining, I feel I need to be doing something.  The rain we have gotten these past three days was good for my soul as well as our dry mountain and even drier pond.

I cannot believe we are leaving for LA in five days.  I don't think my brain will really comprehend everything until we are tucked into our apartment and Brad has flown back home.  I'm pretty sure reality will then slap me up side my head!

Cole spent the night with his friend, Owen, last night.  I expect the next five days to be a revolving door for friends being here since the boys want to see everyone before we leave.  I'm sure there will be a big sleepover Saturday night which reminds me that I need to go to Sam's!

I had dinner with a couple of girls last night who are precious to me. I don't know what I would do without these "rocks" in my life.  I hate that Lisa couldn't make it but thank you Mindy & Kim for a great dinner and even better fellowship!
Love these girls.

I know it will be so different in LA so I took these pictures this morning to remind me what we have to look forward to when we get home...
Our beautiful, quiet mountain.

Sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

I hope you all enjoy this beautiful day.

"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.  Keep on seeking, and you will find.  Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
~Luke 11:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment