If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hop On the CRaZy Train!

I can't even begin to explain how crazy it has been around here since Thursday but anyone that has been at my house can attest to the INSANITY!

My cousin, Jackie and her daughter Anna and son, Patrick, came in Thursday morning and stayed with us until Friday morning.  We had so much fun (we always have fun) hanging out.  Jackie, Anna and I worked on scrapbooking our trip we took to LA this summer.  These girls ROCK!  They are so creative and my book looks great.

We left the kids with Brad and went to the Wine & Iron for SMTI Thursday night.  Remember, there is no reason to iron if wine is not involved!  Jackie never meets a stranger so she knew everyone's name by the time the evening was over. 

Our 24 hours together went much too fast but we thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.  We are so blessed with a great family.

Friday afternoon, my friend Tracy, her husband and three kiddos came in to stay with us and see Cole's show.  Everyone should be blessed with a friend as good as Tracy.  She will do almost ANYTHING for me (except clean out the refrigerator...just mention it and it makes her gag!), she LOVES to laugh as much as I do, and the girl can motivate people to get many things accomplished in record time.  So, it's no wonder that I wrangled her into helping me with concession stand duty during all three of the SMTI shows.  We worked our tails off, as did every volunteer there, but we had a great time and the show was wonderful.

Speaking of the show, those SMTI kids are one talented group of young adults.  The show was phenomenal.  It is mind boggling to me how Nicole Capri can take a 10 year old child and in two weeks time, turn that child into a professional young adult.  Amazing!

Cole, Cassidy and Damon before Saturday night's show.   That kid on the far left sure is goofy.

Cuties.

I love Jenni Fuller.  She is so sweet but the look on Cole's face just cracks me up.  I think (know) he was really enjoying this.

Cole spent the night with Damon, along with eight other friends, (Pamela is a brave soul) so I wasn't surprised that they pulled an all-nighter.  I brought Cole home at 1:30p.m. today and he has been asleep ever since. 

We found an apartment in Los Angeles.  It is nice, clean, in a great part of town that is convenient to all the studios, has a pool, off-street parking and is a whopping 395 square feet!  It has a queen size bed, a twin bed, a couch, a desk, small table in the eat-in kitchen, tiny bathroom and a tv but what else could we need!  Besides, if I can live in a hospital room for five months, I can live in a small apartment for three months with two wonderful children that are healthy and all kinds of activities to keep us busy.

Our plan is to leave Wednesday, August 17th and we should arrive on Saturday.  Brad will drive out with us and fly back after we are settled.  I have reserved the apartment through October 31st.

Thank you so much for all your sweet e-mails and phone calls.  We are truly excited to see what kind of adventure God has in store for us.

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
~Philippians 4:13




No comments:

Post a Comment