If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Friday & Saturday Update

Yesterday was a great day but by the time I walked in the door last night at 11:00, I was pooped.  We had the first half of yesterday free, which was spent visiting with friends around the pool.   They are having extreme heat in the Los Angeles area (it was 108 yesterday) so anytime outside is usually in the pool, which is soooo cold.

At 4:00, Cole and I met with a wonderful photographer, Delaney Andrews, and she took pictures for over two hours for Cole's new head shots.  I know they are going to turn out great.  Look what else she had...
Meet Dante!  Isn't he adorable?!  Of course, he and I played while Cole was working.  By the time we leave LA, I should know every dog and cat within a 10 mile radius.

After the photo shoot, we all met at the pool and sat out there & talked until 11:00.  The kids all have so much fun together, as well as the parents.  As Cappellia said, it's our own little Melrose Place but it's rated PG.

I went for a long run this morning but, unfortunately, I didn't have my backpack when I ran across this sweet baby...
I was considering a "snatch & grab" but he didn't look like he would be too happy if I tried it.  I REALLY need my own cat in LA!!!!

The rest of today was spent doing what we all wanted to do...relax.  We all did our own thing whether it was swimming, watching a movie, reading or taking a snooze by the pool.  Tonight, we all cooked on the grill and pulled tables together and had a big buffet out at the pool.  It was so much fun and we had the best food.  Then, of course, everyone ended up in our apartment and we played Apples to Apples.  If you have never played it, you are missing out on a ton of fun.


We are truly blessed to have made such good friends.  It makes being far from home not seem so lonely.


"It is possible to give freely and become more wealthy, but those who are stingy will lose everything."
~Proverbs 11:24

No comments:

Post a Comment