If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Adventures

Notice the themes that are consistently highlighted in my blog? 
Traffic and animals, of course!

Our friends, the Shea's, moved from Little Rock to LA about three years ago so when we knew we were coming out here, I basically stalked them with every conceivable question that kept me awake at night.  Darrin and Keri are so kind and they have been a wealth of information. 

We followed the Shea's to church this morning and after five minutes on the freeway, the above picture is what we encountered.   Four lanes of traffic at a dead stop.  Unfortunately, someone's Sunday did not start off too well because their car overturned, blocking all the lanes.  We sat for about 30 minutes and finally made it to church, 30 minutes late.  Still, it was a great service and the boys and I really liked the church.  I think we will be visiting them again next week and maybe even make it on time.

Cole had an acting class from 12:00 to 2:00 and after his class, we headed over to the Shea's to hang out.  Look what they have...
Meet Kramer and Olivia!  Of course Olivia is adorable but Kramer can do tricks (I bet Olivia could do tricks for bacon, too.).

We had such a nice time just hanging out and talking.  So grateful to have friends in this town.

Off to bed early tonight to get ready for school tomorrow.  I am so ready to get into the school routine.  The boys; not so much.

Hope you all had a great day.

"But I will offer sacrifices to you with songs of praise, and I will fulfill all my vows.  For my salvation comes from the Lord alone."
~Jonah 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment