If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sorry Toto, we won't be in Kansas

For anyone that knows me, I mean really knows me, you know I like to have fun.  I love to laugh, I love funny movies (the original Revenge of the Pink Panther with Peter Sellers is my favorite) and I love quirky things.  So when I thought that our road trip to LA would take us by the World's Biggest Ball of Yarn, I was pumped.  Believe me, this was definitely going to be one of our scheduled stops.  Just think of how great the pictures would look in my scrapbook...
Who wouldn't want to stand in front of this for their picture?

But, alas, my heart has been broken while Googling our travel route today and I realized my big ball of twine is in Kansas.  Kansas.  Had to look at it on the map.  I have a wonderful Aunt Wanda from the great state of Kansas but I guess I must have missed that class in geography because according to Mapquest, Interstate 40 doesn't even touch Kansas.  Not even close. 

Guess I will have to save room in my scrapbook for Cadillac Ranch and the Grand Canyon but I don't think the pictures will be near as exciting.

Speaking of exciting, I think somebody knows something is up because this was "the look" I got all day.  Poor baby.

We got all the laundry done today along with some packing.   We had a wonderful visit with my mom and Gigi and friends that stopped by to wish us well.  Tomorrow will be crunch time.

"And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ."
~Philemon 1:6

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you all and praying for safe travels (no balls of yarn unraveling on the road!). I know this will be the adventure of a lifetime and God will bless many people who get the chance to know the Ewing bunch!

    Looking forward to your stories on the road....

    ReplyDelete